In light of our collaboration with fine hosiery brand Wade + Belle (which happens to be Gwen & Lindsey’s favorite line of tights!), we thought it would be helpful to share how to properly care for these very delicate, yet very practical pieces. From handwashing vs machine washing to making elasticity last, we’re giving you a leg up on laundering hosiery!
- Before laundering, treat any stains with Stain Solution or the Wash & Stain Bar. We like to use the stain bar to work deep dirt areas.
- To remove odor, soak the item for up to 30 minutes in tepid water mixed with ¼ cup of Scented Vinegar. You may apply a small amount of vinegar directly to the target area, then wash.
Handwashing is the best and safest way to care for delicate tights and hosiery. This will protect the fabric’s color and elasticity!
- Fill a wash basin or sink with tepid water and add 2 capfuls or a squirt of Delicate Wash.
- Soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse well, running room temperature water over the item until the rinse water is no longer soapy.
- Do not wring. Instead, press the item against the sink or basin to remove the water.
- Select the delicate cycle and cold water temperature on the washing machine.
- To avoid tangling or snagging, insert into a Mesh Washing Bag.
- Add the appropriate amount of Delicate Wash.