I got to try Tom’s of Maine thanks to a Klout Perk. They sent me Tom’s of Maine Whole Care Fluoride Toothpaste, Peppermint, Tom’s of Maine Wicked Fresh! Mouthwash Cool Mountain Mint, and a Naturally Clean Soft Toothbrush all in a cute canvas tote bag.
Tom’s of Maine (16% family owned & 84% owned by Colgate-Palmolive) feels strongly about their products and how they are made by doing the following:
- No animal testing or animal ingredients
- No artificial colors, flavors, fragrance, or preservatives
- Every ingredient, its purpose, and its source can be found here: http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/ingredient-list
- Sustainable practices are a priority in every aspect of their business
- They strive to maximize recycled content and recyclability of their packaging
- 5% (12 days) of employees time is spent volunteering
- 10% of their profits are returned to human and environmental goodness
Along with clinically proven cavity protection from fluoride, Tom’s of Maine Whole Care Fluoride Toothpaste, Peppermint whitens with naturally sourced silicas. It also helps freshen breath and prevent plaque and tartar buildup with regular brushing. Embrace the power of Mother Nature with Tom’s of Maine Whole Care® Toothpaste.
Tom’s of Maine Wicked Fresh! Mouthwash in Cool Mountain Mint helps stop bad breath without the burn. Their refreshing mint flavors leave your whole mouth feeling clean from a brand you trust and never tested on animals.
The NEW Tom’s of Maine Naturally Clean Soft Toothbrush has a recyclable plant-based handle that is made from renewable castor oil plants instead of petroleum and is recyclable through our TerraCycle® collection program. An angled neck and dye-free, multi-height bristles are precisely designed for effective cleaning. And freedom from BPA and artificial colors means you’re making a good choice for you and your family.
With all the crazy ingredients in our foods and other products that we consume, you can feel good about allowing your children use Tom’s of Maine products because of their ingredients and their business ethic.